Daily Habits and Their Benefits

First off, what is a daily habit? A daily habit is a habit you do every day to improve your body and/or mind. 

In my Language Arts class, my teacher wanted to teach us the value of a daily habit that has a compound effect. So, starting on October 24th, my class planked for 30 seconds each day for the whole week. The week after, we planked for 45 seconds. Over the course 7 weeks, we increased our planking time by 15 seconds. We did this until December 14th where we had a plank challenge to see who could go the longest. I got to 3 minutes 15 seconds and I’m quite proud of myself.

By starting small and then building up, you can accomplish a lot of things. By breaking it into small chunks, it doesn’t seem as intimidating. However, if you don’t stick to your habit, it will seem a lot harder. Things that helped me plank every day were reminders and encouragement from my family. Sometimes, they would even plank with me. The thing that helped me the most however, was encouraging myself because I was able to do something I thought wasn’t possible.

I have now decided to start a new habit of stretching every day. I want to do this because I want to become more flexible. I’m also hoping I will be able to do the splits.